Fire Mountain 1.8kW Slimline Floor Standing Electrical Patio Heater Review
Fire Mountain 1.8kW
- Aesthically Appealing
- Cheap To Run
- Remote Control
- Available in Black & Red
- Solid Build
- Missing Features Other Heaters Have in This Price Range
- Upfront Cost
Fire Mountain – 1.8kW Slimeline Electric Halogen Patio Heater Review
We love Fire Mountain. They have a great array of gas and patio heaters, including their incredibly popular living flame patio heater. They know the market and consistently release quality products for both the home and commercial users.
This heater is no exception, with a beautiful slimline design and dual halogen output, resulting in 900W or 1800W of output.
If you need a powerful heater that saves space and can be controlled via remote, but doesn’t compromise on aesthetics then this is the heater for you! The heater itself is 160cm tall, but only 20cm wide, with a base diameter of 50cm
As with most halogen heaters, there is an expected bulb life of 5000 hours. An average home user should expect the bulbs to last nearly 7 years if you were to keep this heater on for 2 hours a day.
It also comes with a 3 metre power cable, so make sure you’ve got a plug socket within reach!
How much does the Fire Mountain 1.8kW cost to run?
This heater uses 1.8kW on full power. We’ve done the math for you below.
The average cost per kWh in the U.K is currently 14.7 pence. So to calculate the hourly usage we must do the following calculations:
1.8kW heater running costs:
1.8kW x 1 hour = 1.8 kWh x 14.7p = 26.46p
1.8W x 2 hours = 1.8 kWh x (14.7p x 2) = 52.92p
Assuming we were to use this heater for 2 hours a night every night.
On full power (1.8kW or 1800W) our monthly electric bill will be £15.88
On low power (0.9kW or 900W) our monthly electric bill will be £7.94
As with most electric heaters, you’ll see a significant saving over their gas counterpart.
Is this electric patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
This heater is perfect for the home and commercial user. The remote control gives commercial users access to the heater from afar and home users need never leave their seat.
- Cost at time of review (5th August 2017): £219.99
- Type of heater: Electric, Halogen
- Suitable for: Home & Commercial
- Comes with: 3 metre power cable, remote control
- Height: 1.6m
- Width: 50cm (base diameter)
- Power settings: 900W / 1800W
- Cost to run (per hour): 13.23p / 26.46p
We can’t fault this heater, it’s cheap enough to run and aesthetically pleasing. Don’t let the upfront cost put you off, you’re paying for a sturdy and reliable heater that will just keep going!
We do have a few reservations that we’d like to see in a revised edition though. It could do with an oscillating function, and handles on the side would make it easier to move. Other heaters in the price range are also weatherproof.
Final verdict – 4 / 5
This product was reviewed on the 5th of August 2017 at the price of £219.99.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black