Fire Mountain 2kW Electric Halogen Parasol Heater Review
Fire Mountain 2kW Parasol Heater
- Relatively cheap to run
- Great space saver
- Multiple heat settings
- Suitable for home and commercial users
- Costs more than a standalone heater
- Cheaper options available on the market
Welcome to PatioMate – today we’re going to be reviewing the Fire Mountain 2KW Electric Halogen Parasol Heater with fold-able arms.
Fire Mountain – 2kW Electric Halogen Parasol Heater Review
If you’re looking for a standalone heater. You’re in the wrong place!
Fire Mountain have introduced a entry level range electric heater with fold-able arms that attaches to your existing parasol. This parasol heater offers comfort, warmth and style without adding a separate heater elsewhere on your patio or outside space.
These heaters are ideal for those looking to save space, or if you’re trying to achieve a minimalist look.
Weighing in at 5kg most parasols should be able to handle the minimal weight. Before purchasing, please make sure that your parasol can handle the weight. It also comes with an adjustable screw on one side which makes it suitable for parasol poles with a diameter of between 25-60mm.
How much does the Fire Mountain 2kW cost to run?
When we’re looking at patio heaters, most consumers want a fast heating, cost-effective solution. One that doesn’t break the bank but offers style and affordability. The Fire Mountain uses 2000W per hour to run (although it does have a 1000W setting).
The average cost per kWh in the U.K is currently 12.2 pence. So to calculate the hourly usage we do the following.
2kW heater running costs:
2kW x 1 hour = 2 kWh x 12.2p = 24.4p
2kW x 2 hours = 2 kWh x (12.2p x 2) = 48.8p
Assuming we use the parasol heater for 2 hours a night every night.
On full power (2kW or 2000W) our monthly electric bill will be £14.46.
If we were to use the economy setting (1kW or 1000W), then it would cost us £7.23 per month.
So while this isn’t the cheapest heater to run, it’ll still be somewhat cheaper than gas!
Is this electric patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
The Fire Mountain 2kW parasol heater is suitable for both home and commercial use. However as it is a fairly basic parasol heater, without external controls, we recommend this heater for home users over those with commercial requirements!
- Cost at time of review (7th May 2017): £79.99
- Type of heater: Electric, Halogen
- Suitable for: Parasols, Home & Commercial
- Provides warmth for: Up to 16 metres squared
- Weighs: 5kg
- Comes with: 3 metre power cable
- Height: 8.5cm
- Width: 1m
- Power settings: 1000W (1kW) & 2000W (2kW)
- Cost to run: 24.4p per hour or 12.2p on economy mode
- Suitable for parasols with a pole measuring 25 to 60mm & multiple heights
We really like this heater from Fire Mountain. There are other parasol or umbrella mounted heaters, but this is one of the cheaper halogen heaters. As it offers both a 1000W & 2000W setting it can be quite economical to run. We’ve given it a 4 out of 5 stars as we really would have liked to see a remote control or timer function at this price point!
This product was reviewed on the 6th of May 2017 at the price of £79.99.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black