Firefly Electric 900W Rotating Weatherproof Patio Heater Review
Firefly 900W Patio Heater
- Cheap to run
- Lacking features
- Could do with being more powerful
- Bulb life is lacking
Thanks for visiting PatioMate. In today’s blog post we’ll be looking at the weather resistant Firefly 900W Patio Heater.
Firefly Electric – 900W Electric Free Standing Heater Review
Great on a budget, fantastic for small spaces and intimate evenings.
If you’re looking for a small scale portable patio heater. Then you’re looking at the right item! The Firefly 900W patio heater is the perfect product for those who don’t want a bulky full sized patio heater, but still want to keep warm in the evening.
Weighing in at just 7kg, suitable for indoor and outdoor use as it is weatherproof. (IPX4 rated) meaning it can be used in damp conditions. Although you shouldn’t be using this in a downpour! It’s current price (£49.99 as of 9th May 2017), is a steal for a versatile portable patio heater.
Functional and practical, with 2 temperature settings. 450W/900W – making this one of the cheapest patio heaters to run on the market!
How much does the Firefly 900W heater cost to run?
The Firefly 900W heater comes with 2 temperature settings, (450W/900W) so it is one of, if not the cheapest to run (on economy mode). Let’s get down to the maths.
With the current average price per kWh in the U.K residing at 12.2 pence. We calculate the hourly usage as follows:
900W heater running costs:
900W x 1 hour = 0.9 kWh x 12.2p = 10.98p
900W x 2 hours = 0.9 kWh x (12.2p x 2) = 21.96p
If we were to assume you used the heaters for 2 hours a night every night.
Full power (900W) our monthly electric bill will be £6.59
Low power (450W) we’d be looking at £3.30 per month.
As you can see this is definitely one of the cheaper to run patio heaters!
Is this electric patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
This really is a patio heater for the home environment. Due to it’s portability and simplicity, not to mention lower than average output and consumption we don’t feel like this patio heater would be suitable in a commercial setting.
- Cost at time of review (9th May 2017): £49.99
- Type of heater: Electric, Halogen (Quartz)
- Suitable for: Home Users
- Weighs: 7kg
- Comes with: 1.45 metre power cable
- Height: 82cm
- Bottom diameter: 27cm
- Power settings: 450W – 900W
- Features: 60 degree oscillation
- Cost to run (per hour): 5.49p – Economy. 10.98p – Full Power.
- Additional info: Weatherproof – IPX4 Rated
Cheap and cheerful on a budget. We can’t fault this patio heater, but it’s a little lacking in settings and features.
If you’re looking for a small and portable patio heater, then this is definitely the one to get. However you should be aware that with the power cable being just 1.45m long you may struggle to find the nearest socket if taking it outside. So don’t forget to look at extension cords like the Status 13 A 4 Socket Cassette Reel with Thermal Out, or waterproof power extension cables as well!
This product was reviewed on the 9th of May 2017 at the price of £49.99.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black