Oypla 2kW Electrical Wall Mounted Patio Heater Review
Oylpa Wall Mounted Heater
- Incredibly cheap to run
- Cheap to purchase
- Easy to put up
Win an Oypla wall mounted patio heater with PatioMate – Competition running from 12th June to 11th of July 2017 (23:59)
Our first review of the Oypla wall mounted outdoor electric garden patio heater! At £29.99, this is definitely the cheapest patio heater on the market!
Oypla – 2kW Wall Mounted Patio Heater Review
You’ll be hard pressed to find any other heaters on the market at this price.
Sometimes you just want a simple heater that does what it says on the box. If so then this is exactly what you’re looking for. It has 3 heat settings like most of it’s competitors and this particular model has an adjustable angle so you point the heat in the right direction.
Like the free-standing Oypla, this heater is also weatherproof, but £10 cheaper. So if you want to save a few bob, or simply don’t need the stand, then this is the perfect alternative.
It also has a bulb life of up to 5000 hours. Which is by far the longest on the market. Rated 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon out of 13 reviews.
How much does the Oypla 2kW heater cost to run?
The same as every other electric heater with 3 settings! But we’ve done the math below.
The current average per kWh in the U.K is currently 12.2 pence. To get the hourly usage we need to do the following:
2kW heater running costs:
2kW x 1 hour = 2 kWh x 12.2p = 24.4p
2kW x 2 hours = 2 kWh x (12.2p x 2) = 48.8p
If you’re using the heater for 2 hours a night every night for a month.
Full power (2kW or 2000W) our monthly electric bill will be £14.46.
Mid power (1.35kW or 1350W), then it would cost us £9.76 per month.
Low power (650W) we’d be looking at £4.70 per month.
Electric heaters are now somewhat cheaper than their gas equivalent, they produce less carbon and are less harmful to the environment. So if you’re looking for a patio heater on the cheap, with a long bulb life and variable settings, you’d be hard pressed to find anything better than this!
Is this patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
As these heaters are wall-mounted, there’s less chance for tampering or damage. So we’d recommend this heater for both home and commercial users. They survive in all weather conditions and the replacement bulb can be found for less than £10.
- Cost at time of review (18th May 2017): £29.99
- Type of heater: Electric, Infrared
- Suitable for: Home & Commercial
- Weighs: 3kg
- Comes with: UK British Standard BS Approved 240V Mains 3 Pin Plug
- Power settings: (650W, 1350W, 2000W)
- Features: Quartz element, 3 power settings, weatherproof
- Cost to run (per hour): £0.07 / £0.16 / £0.24
Another winner from Oypla!
It’s hard to bad mouth a product that costs so little and offers so much in terms of bulb life, adjustability and the fact that it’s weatherproof rated (IPX4) as well. We absolutely love it at £29.99.
We’ve given it 5 stars out of 5. It is an entry level product, that boasts all the functionality of it’s more expensive counterparts. You can check the current price on Amazon below.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- AmazonBasics Standup Patio Heater Cover
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Outsunny Outdoor Garden Metal Firepit Fire Pit Brazier Square Table Patio Heater Stove with Waterproof Cover
- Garden Steel Chiminea Patio Heater Fire Pit BBQ