Fire Mountain 9500W Pyramid Living Flame Gas Patio Heater Review
Fire Mountain Pyramid Living Flame
- Excellent heat output
- Stylish design
- Strong and stable (heh)
- Easy to put together
- High gas consumption on full power
Here we have the Goliath of gas patio heaters, like a statue waiting to be unveiled I present to you the Pyramid Living Flame gas patio heater by Fire Mountain!
Fire Mountain 9.5kW – Pyramid Living Flame Review
Ready to impress your mates? Or looking for something extra special for your customers? This is by far one of the most impressive patio heaters available on the market today.
Offering a whopping 32,000 BTU’s this heater can keep even the largest patio, garden or event toasy!
This is a floor standing heater, but comes with wheels and has a slick stainless steel finish. We do recommend purchasing a cover for this unit as well to prevent tarnish to the unit from the elements.
At the time of review (5th June 2017) this was priced at £249.99, it has been seen as low as £199.99 (15th March 2016), and as high as £300.00 (May 28th 2016). So anywhere between £240-260 is a fair price to pay for it. With an average rating of 4.4/5 from 11 customer reviews.
It has an adjustable 9500W of power, and can be run on either propane or butane. We would recommend propane as the free regulator and hose provided runs on propane only!
It weighs 25kg and stands at just over 2.2m tall with a width of 52cm so make sure you have the space to build and store it.
How much does the Fire Mountain Pyramid Living Flame 9500W heater cost to run?
This patio heater has the storage space underneath it for a 13kg bottle, so factor the purchase cost of that in, on top of running costs.
A bottle of 13kg propane patio gas from Calor costs £32. This patio heater will use approximately 0.85kg of propane per hour at full power (9500W)
We calculate the hourly usage as follows:
9500W heater running costs (per hour):
13kg / 0.85kg = 15 hours
£32 / 15 hours = £2.13
At full power we can expect this patio heater to cost us approximately £2.13 per hour.
At half power we can expect this patio heater to cost us approximately £1.07 per hour.
Running this heater for 3 hours a night at full power will mean you’ll need to replace the tank every 5 days
Definitely not the cheapest heater to run, but most home users won’t be running this at full power and will see a good month per tank with responsible usage. Commercial users should keep refills at the ready.
Is this patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
The pyramid living flame heater is suitable for both home and commercial users. It’s more of an opulent purchase for home users as there are a number of electrical heaters available for less than half the price and with less than 1 tenth of the running cost! So make sure you’ve got the cash to keep the gas flowing.
- Cost at time of review (5th June 2017): £249.99
- Type of heater: Gas – Propane / Butane
- Suitable for: Home Users & Commercial Users
- Weight: 25kg
- Comes with: Spare glass tube, propane regulator & tube
- Height: 221cm
- Width: 52cm
- Power settings: Adjustable up to 9500W
- Features: Piezo battery ignition, Safety cut out, Guarded reflector, Stainless steel
- Cost to run (per hour):£2.13 per hour on full power
This really is a snazzy heater, with a serious wow factor.
You can’t go wrong with Fire Mountain and this heater is no exception. There is some assembly required but it’s fairly simple to put together. If you’re looking for a show stopper of a heater for events, or just want something to show off to your mates then this is the heater for you.
Yes the running costs are high, but aside from that we can’t fault this design 5/5 stars!
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black