Fire Mountain 13kW Stainless Steel Bullet Gas Patio Heater Review
Fire Mountain 15kW Stainless Steel Bullet
- Incredibly powerful
- Visually appeasing
- Piezo battery ignition
- 5000-13000W variable heat
- 44,500 BTU's
- Expensive to run
- No covers available on the market
- 11kg max bottle size
Sleek and stylish and packs a whallop! Fire Mountain on fire as usual 😉
Fire Mountain 13kW – Stainless Steel Bullet Review
This is a fantastic gas patio heater, suitable for both the home and commercial user – offering between 5000-13000W of adjustable power at your fingertips.
With an outstanding 44,500 BTU’s this is by far one of the most powerful patio heaters available on the market. Beating out the larger heaters like the Living Flame. Standing at just 133cm tall, sure it’s small but it’s not the size that matters, it’s how you use it right? 😉
Perfect for pubs, restaurants or even for the more intimate encounter at home.
We reviewed this heater on the 17th of June 2017 at which time it was priced at £199.99. During peak summer months, it tends to go up to around the £240 mark, so try to get it when it’s cheap! Amazon users rate it fairly well with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars with 7 reviews in total.
It comes with a free hose and regulator, however users have noted that the undercarriage only carries tanks that are 11kg or smaller! This means you’ll be paying more for gas in the long run vs heaters that accommodate 15kg+ tanks.
How much does the Fire Mountain 13kW Bullet heater cost to run?
A bottle of 11kg propane patio gas from Flogas costs £27.16. This patio heater will use approximately 1kg of propane per hour at full power (13000W)
We calculate the hourly usage as follows:
13000W heater running costs (per hour):
11kg / 1kg = 11 hours
£27.16 / 11 hours = £2.47
At full power (13kW) we can expect this patio heater to cost us approximately £2.47 per hour and last 11 hours.
At half power (6.5kW) we can expect this patio heater to cost us approximately £1.23 per hour and last 22 hours.
On its lowest setting (5kW) we can expect this patio heater to cost us approximately £0.95 per hour and last 28.6 hours.
So if we were to run this heater for 3 hours a night at full power you’d need to replace the tank every 3 days!
Do bear costs in mind when running heaters like this. If you need 44,500BTU’s of heat. Then great this patio heater will do the trick! Otherwise it would be financially prudent to invest in an electrical patio heater instead.
Is this patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
The bullet is great for both home users and commercial users. Although I’d say it’s more suited to the commercial user due to the sheer upkeep costs and refill costs! Most people wont have 2-3 tanks of gas lying around.
- Cost at time of review (17th June 2017): £199.99
- Type of heater: Gas – Propane / Butane
- Suitable for: Home Users & Commercial Users
- Comes with: Propane regulator & tube
- Height: 133cm
- Diameter: 54cm
- Power settings: Adjustable 5000-13000W
- Features: Piezo battery ignition, Tilt-Safety cut out, Stainless steel
- Cost to run (per hour):£0.95 – £2.47 per hour
Compact and powerful but expensive to run!
As with all other Fire Mountain products, you’re buying a heater that has been tried and tested. It’s incredibly powerful but that comes at a cost. Minor assembly is required and it can only fit an 11kg gas tank. It looks nice, and will keep your clients incredibly toasty.
Running costs are high, but the initial outlay is pretty affordable. Overall we’ve given this heater a 4/5 stars!
They should have made it just that little bit taller to squeeze the larger tanks in, especially with the gas consumption rate. But aside from that there are no obvious faults and you definitely get what you’ve paid for.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black