Caloray 2000 Watt Electric Radiant Disc Patio Heater Review
- Truly weatherproof
- Usable indoors & outdoors
- Convective & radiative heat
- Simple to install with very limited maintenance
- No remote control
- 1 heat setting only
Looking for something minimalistic for the home? Or the next generation of patio heaters for your business? Look no further. Or, rather look carefully because you might not see it!
Caloray 2000 – 2kW Review
Providing 6824 BTUs per disc and consuming just 2000W this patio heater truly is a work of art!
This is the radiant & convective heater of your dreams. If you need something inconspicuous, or want something that is aesthetically pleasing, as well as practical; then this indoor and outdoor patio heater (which won the European product design award this year) may just be your next purchase.
It is weatherproof IP55 rated, meaning it’s protected from limited dust ingress and could withstand low pressure water jets from any direction. Meaning you could leave it outside all the time without risk of damage. A truly weatherproof patio heater!
Each heater will provide between 3m2 (20ft2) and 4.5m2 (25ft2) of heat depending on whether it is used indoors, outdoors or in a partially sheltered area. It offers both radiant heat (if installed less than 9ft away from the ground) or convective heat (if installed above 9ft above the ground). The versatility of this patio heater is outstanding.
It comes with a 2 year warranty and has minimal maintenance. You can use a brush and hose to clean this patio heater without fear of damage.
There is one catch however… this patio heater retails for £499.00 – it’s not cheap! But can you put a price on style?
How much does the Caloray 2000 2kW heater cost to run?
As there is only 1 setting on the Caloray heater we can do some simple mathematics to calculate the approximate running costs you may encounter.
With the average cost of electricity in the UK sitting at 14.7 pence we need to do the following:
Hourly heater running costs:
2kW x 1 hour = 2 kWh x 14.7p = 29.4p
If we assumed an average usage of 6 hours per day we’d have a monthly electric bill of (29.4p x 6) x 30 days = £52.95
Is this patio heater suitable for home or commercial use?
This heater is built for both the home and commercial user. Although the high price point makes it slightly harder to swallow for the home user!
- Cost at time of review (29th June 2017): £499.00
- Type of heater: Electric, Infrared, Convective
- Suitable for: Home & Commercial
- Weight: 10kg
- Dimensions: 47 x 47 x 9cm
- Comes with: 100mm ceiling mount bracket, 1.2m cable & plug
- Power settings: 2000W
- Features: Truly weatherproof, convective & radiative heater
- Cost to run (per hour): £0.29
We absolutely love this heater. It’s truly a work of art and can be applied in both a commercial and home setting without much fuss!
We just wish it wasn’t so expensive! If it was cheaper it’d be sitting pretty with a 5 star rating but some users will be uncomfortable paying 2 to 5 times more for a patio heater that has multiple power settings and is portable. Final rating – 4 stars out of 5.
Not for you? How about these best-sellers instead?
- Firefly 2KW FreeStanding Water Resistant Infared Electric Garden Outdoor Indoor Patio Heater - 3 Power Settings
- Milestone Camping Portable Gas Heater - Green
- Set of 2 Firefly 2kW Outdoor Freestanding Electric Quartz Bulb Garden Patio Heaters - 3 Power Settings
- LIVIVO ® Electric Free Standing 2kW Patio Heater with 3 Power Settings – Powerful Quartz Tube Heating Element with Integrated Safety Over-Heat Protection – Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use – IPX4 Rated & ROHS Approved - 45 Degree Adjustable Heat Angle and Height Adjustable Stand
- Oxford Barbecues 56135B X-Large Steel Chimenea - Black