If your kids are anything like mine then you’ll know just how mental they get when there’s a slide nearby and who can blame them? I’ll happily watch my little ones giggle and laugh for hours on end on these simple yet fun favourites at the playground.
Unfortunately with the Covid-19 still in swing, the playground isn’t accessible for everyone – so why not bring the slide to your garden, or even indoors with the help of our guide for the top 10 slides for kids and toddlers.
These slides would make perfect presents for your little ones and make great gifts for birthdays as well and it’ll help you get through the isolation phase by giving the kids an energy outlet – slides not for you? Then why not take a look at our best trampolines post?
Prices range from around £25 to the mid-high hundreds and free shipping is available for most items within the UK. We’ve checked prices from multiple vendors and we always strive to post the cheapest & best deals on PatioMate. If you’ve spotted an item cheaper elsewhere then please leave us a comment below or on Facebook and we’ll update it here!
Last Updated: 1st February 2022
In This Guide
10 Best Selling Slides for 2022
Before we get started with our list, here’s the 10 best selling slides for children on the market currently. These slides are great for babies, toddlers and even older kids can take part!
Stocks are limited as everyone is stockpiling entertainment for the long months ahead.
|Little Tikes First Slide - Playset for Indoor or Outdoor Use. Garden Toy and Outdoor Activity for...||2,909 Reviews||£49.98||Buy on Amazon|
|BeBoP Total Wipeout Bouncy Castle and Inflatable Water Slide Combo||29 Reviews||£499.95||Buy on Amazon|
Little Tikes First Slide
1 used from £29.39
- LITTLE TIKES FIRST SLIDE - This is the ideal toddler slide for your child. Use it indoors or outdoors to help promote your little one's fitness, balance, and coordination. Perfect for Garden Play or any outdoor summer games.
- EXTREMELY SAFE - Designed with excellent stability for young children and toddler activities; with easy to climb stairs and gentle slope. Tall runners keep children on track as they slide; broad base offers lots of foot space for landing.
Little Tikes are a well known and highly respected brand in the UK and with good reason. Their products are reliable and built from heavy duty plastic that is lightweight but resilient to the elements and the inevitable knocks and bumps from years of abuse from your kids!
This slide is suitable for indoor or outdoor use and is perfect first slide for toddlers and kids between the ages of 18 months and 4 years.
It comes with a maximum recommended weight limit of 27.2kg so older kids can use it but they do get bored quickly due to the small size… they also have a tendency to run up these ones and I’ve ended up buying two because my 6 year old broke the first one!
Assembly takes just a few seconds and when you’re done playing it folds away for easy storage.
- Budget Friendly
- Super Easy Assembly
- Perfect for Toddlers
- Suitable for Ages: 18 Months to 4 Years
- Not Suitable for Older / Larger Children
Little Tikes Large Slide
As Above But For Bigger Kids!
- LARGE, EASY-STORE SLIDE - One of our most popular children's slides in excitingly bright colours! Suitable for ages two and above, this slide’s features have been designed with developing little ones in mind. Ages: 24 months - 6 years +
- EXTREMELY SAFE - Locking arm support for extra stability; easy to climb stairs; gentle slope; tall runners keep children on track as they slide; wide base
- ACTIVE PLAY - Ideal for active physical play. Your child will enjoy hours of fun
This slide is similar to the bog standard Little Tikes slide but it’s suitable for larger kids! It has a 5ft slide and has a maximum weight limit of 34kg.
On the undercarriage of the slide is a hole that handily fills with water
The manufacturers recommended age is 2 to 6 years old and it has the same easy assembly and handy flat pack storage once you’re done playing with it.
- Great For Slightly Bigger Kids – Max Weight 34kg
- 5ft Slide (152cm)
- Easy Storage
- Available in Multiple Colours
- We Couldn’t Find Any!
Little Tikes Giant Slide
Bigger for Your Budget
- BUILT-IN HANDLES FOR SUPPORT - The Little Tikes Easy Store Giant Slide is a fun slide for your young ones to enjoy! It features a ladder and built-in handles for support. It can be placed anywhere your child wants to play
- WIDE BASE FOR STABILITY - Specially designed for children with a wide base for stability and support, so your child will be able to climb to the top safely and easily
- GENTLE SLOPE - The Little Tikes Easy Store Giant Slide is designed with a gradual slope to protect against falls and make it safe and fun for little ones. The remarkably sturdy construction means the slide will last for years to come
So, this one is a bit on the expensive side, but it is worth every penny as it truly is a fantastic kids slide.
It has a maximum weight limit of 34kg, but I can tell you first hand that it can handle a darn-sight more than that too! I’m pushing 80kg and while the steps bend a bit on a hot day, it can handle my weight just fine as long as the step attachment is secure!
We plonked this slide into our paddling / swimming pool and thanks to a hole on the underside of the bottom of the slide, it filled with water and weighted itself to the it makes for a fantastic water slide too.
More suited to the outdoors due to its sheer size, but if you’ve got high ceilings or are looking for a really big slide, it can be put inside as well.
We do have to mention a slight negative to this slide and that is the design at the end of the slide. It comes to a rather high and abrupt stop nearly forcing the kids off of it. Proper instruction goes a long way to prevent injury and we told them to elevate their feet before hitting the bottom and put some interlocking foam mats at the exit of the slide to stop them from getting hurt!
- Great for Big & Little Kids
- Makes a Great Water Slide
- Max Weight 34kg++
- Fairly Expensive
- Poor Ramp Design
Jupiduu Wooden Slide
A Perfect Gift
- WORLD FAMOUS - The Kardashians received a Jupiduu indoor slide and so did Prince George from England. Slides for kids. Fun for everyone.
- PREMIUM DESIGN - Natural wood and the unique & timeless shape of the Jupiduu toddler slide makes it a true design classic. Eyecatcher.
- SAFE & TESTED – All materials and coatings of the wooden slide are harmless for little tikes & big children as confirmed by independent testing institutes. Safe & fun to play.
This wooden slide by Jupiduu is made in Germany. It’s suitable for smaller kids aged 1 to 4.
It’s easy to assemble and would make a great addition to any small kids bedroom. We love the design and the kids will love it too!
The price is fairly high (especially if you’re after the “golden unicorn” gold leaf painted edition priced at an eye-watering £9,990.00) but these hand engineered slides are built from sustainable wood and they’re built to last.
Existing customers include Prince George and his parents Kate & William who opted for the blue slide.
- Suitable for Children Aged 1-4
- Fantastic Gift
- Beautiful Wooden Slide
- Hand Engineered from Sustainable Wood
- Very Expensive
Smoby 2-in-1 XL Megagliss Slide
Grows With Your Kids. Our Favourite Slide by Far!
- You will experience hours of fun for years to come with this innovative slide that grows with your child. The exciting triple wave chute will thrill younger and older kids alike.
- Easy to assemble and easy to change from a 1.5m slide for younger children or indoor use to a 3.75m slide for older children or outdoor use.
- Built to last and with anti-UV treatment to reduce colour face, this slide will look good for years to come too.
This extra large modular slide comes in 2 parts converting from a 1.5m slide to a 3.75m slide when your child is ready!
Coated with an anti-UV treatment to prevent damage and colour leakage. Assembly is incredibly easy and the plastic design is very sturdy.
This is by far our favourite slide and is a great deal when under £200. Suitable for ages 2 and up with a maximum weight limit of 50kg!
- Modular Build – 2 Slides in 1
- Max Weight 50kg
- Largest Standalone Slide Under £200
- Great for Toddlers & Big Kids
- Expensive When Over £200
Happy Hop 6m Inflatable Water Slide
2-in-1 Dry & Wet Inflatable Slide
- [Best Gift Idea]: This bouncy castle is perfect for gifts and holidays. A great gift for your children any time of the year. Perfect for birthday gifts, Christmas gifts or to keep little ones busy in summer. The HAPPY HOP Bouncer will delight all children!
- [Safe for Kids]: Air leak from all the seams is necessary because the product is inflated by constant air flow and this leakage is required to stop the product becoming over-inflated.
Get your wallet ready as you’re about to be taken for a ride!
This 2-in-1 dry and wet slide from Happy Hop offers 6 metres of bouncy, splashy sliding fun.
The reviews on Amazon are overwhelmingly positive although the price is a bit of a sore spot.
Great for children aged 2 to 12 – and comes with a max weight limit of 90kg!
- 6m of Fun
- Doubles as a Water Slide
- Long Lasting Fun
- Not Suitable During Windy Weather
Smoby XL Slide
1 Year Guarantee – 5 Star Reviews
- Check out this fantastic Smoby XL Slide! This garden slide truly lives up to its XL name with a length of 2.30 metres. The slide is easy to dismantle for winter storage. Fantastic for encouraging kids to play outside, explore, build their confidence, but most of all a fun, fun, fun!!
- The slide is manufactured in France, in the heart of the Jura region, under the guidance of master craftsmen. The Smoby XL slide is constructed from the highest quality materials, including anti-UV treated plastic which means that the colours do not fade and maximum durability is ensured.
If your budget can’t stretch to the Smoby Megaliss then why not grab the standalone XL slide.
Weighing in at 19kg this 2.3m slide can handle users up to 50kg – made from blow moulded plastic and easy to assemble.
Recommended for users aged 3 and up.
- 2.3m Slide
- 50kg Max Weight Limit
- 1 Year Guarantee
- Positive Reviews
- Might Be Worth Shelling Out the Extra £30-40 for the 2-in-1
LittleTom Elephant Wavy Slide
Suitable for Kids Aged 1-4
- WAVY CHUTE: the great play idea of LittleTom is suitable for children over 1 year old, for both boys and girls. The wide steps and the narrow gaps between them facilitates the climb of the little ones
- QUALITY & SAFE MATERIALS: Overall dimensions: approx. 153x50x73cm, Slide: approx. 110x42cm, Weight: approx. 9kg, Supported weight: max. 25kg, Material: durable plastic
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR: weather resistant, it can be left outside for days without problem. Ideal for be installed in the garden, backyard and terrace but also in the playroom, children's bedroom, etc. Easy to clean with a damp cloth
The LittleTom Elephant slide is adorable! It’ll keep your toddler entertained for hours on end with its colourful and engaging design.
Suitable for indoor or outdoor use and with an easy to assemble build, this slide, although not the cheapest on the market is wonderful.
It has a max weight limit of 25kg and it’s weatherproof too.
- 25kg Max Weight Limit
- Great for Toddlers
- Easy Assembly
- Not Suitable for Larger Kids
Lil’ Monkey Olympus Climb ‘n’ Slide
2-in-1 Climber & Slide
- Plenty of room to climb all over, hang off, swing, Slide and can also be used in role-play or as a den when covered with a sheet or two
- No tools needed
- Great for indoor and outdoor play all year around
- Improves motor, balance, coordination and cognitive skills
- Strong structure and UV protected
This slide and climber combo has a stress free and tool free construction. Suitable for kids aged 12 months to 5 years old.
What we love about this design is the climbing frame element. It can be used to build a den or just climb and bound through it, building muscle and coordination in your young ones.
It has an easy-store system so you can fold the frame away when not in use and store it under a bed or in a cupboard.
- 2-in-1 Slide & Climber
- Suitable for Smaller Kids
- Flat Pack Storage
- Kids Older Than 3 Might Be Too Big
BeBop Splash Mountain Inflatable Slide
Money no Object?
- It's big, it's fun and it's bouncy! The largest inflatable water slide in the UK at 6.7m long
- Premium quality with blower fan, anchor pegs, storage bag and repair kit included
- Home use only inflate and set up in minutes
- Suitable for kids ages 3-10 years old, over slide water spray and inflated splash area
- This inflatable water slide has been designed in the UK to meet EN71 standards. Don't buy imitations that may be of poor quality
The wildcard! If you’ve got £500+ burning a hole in your pocket and you want to treat the kids to something outrageous, then why not buy this inflatable duo dry/wet water-slide & climber combo.
I’m guilty and have to admit I purchased this for the kiddos the summer before last and it is an absolute BLAST! It takes no longer than 5 minutes to anchor to the ground and it inflates in under a minute – it’s expensive but the kids go absolutely crazy for it.
Whenever the sun is out i’ll be bombarded with “DADDY CAN WE GET THE BOUNCY CASTLE SLIDE OUT” – and honestly I don’t mind setting it up because it’s not too much of a hassle. Packing up is a little bit more arduous as the pegs are starting to weaken after 50 or so uses but replacements are cheap enough.
Suitable for kids aged 3 and up, with a max combined weight limit of 76kg. Once again.. I can attest to the fact that it will hold much more than this but of course do listen to the manufacturers instructions. We’ve had 3 kids and myself (probably a combined weight of 150kg~) and it holds up just fine.
When sliding dry, it can cause occasional minor friction burns due to the sheer speed that the kids manage to pick up – so long-sleeves and proper preparation is essential.
The water slide feature is quite simple to install thanks to the velcro pads, although it does take some adjustment as the fountains tend to veer off to the side.
I would recommend purchasing a wet vacuum (I have a cheap £20 one) for cleaning and removing any remaining water after using the water slide as it’ll prevent mould and yucky smells from festering.
All in all, if you can afford it and have the space for it, I HIGHLY recommend this slide. Of course, it’s not for everyone and the price is a little on the high side… but after 2 years it’s still standing strong and I can’t see it faultering any time soon.
- 6.7m Slide
- Can be Used as a Water-slide or Dry-slide
- Inflates in a Few Minutes
- Well Reviewed
- £££ 🙁
- Friction Burns When Used Dry
- Pegs Could Be Stronger
Our Favourite Inflatable Slides
If you’ve got the garden space and the budget, we recommend taking a look at these inflatable bouncy castle / slide combos. They’re definitely on the pricey side, but the kids adore them and they really do last.
|BeBoP Total Wipeout Bouncy Castle and Inflatable Water Slide Combo||29 Reviews||£499.95||Buy on Amazon|
|BeBoP Canyon Large Bouncy Castle and Water Slide||18 Reviews||£399.95||Buy on Amazon|
|BeBoP Ultimate Combo Large Kids Garden Bouncy Castle and Slide||16 Reviews||£349.95||Buy on Amazon|
|BeBoP Neptune Towers Inflatable Water Slide Bouncy Castle||31 Reviews||£449.95||Buy on Amazon|
|BeBoP Kamikaze Bouncy Castle and Double Slide||4 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Happy Hop Inflatable Bouncer, 600x255x215CM, Double Water Slide with Water Spray, Family Backyard...||11 Reviews||£399.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Tobogani – Water Park Paddling Pool with Inflatable Slide 12 m² (includes static blower)||55 Reviews||£449.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Bestway H20Go! Beachfront Bonzanza Bouncy Castle Water Park with Water Slide and Climbing Wall||4 Reviews||£399.95||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-02-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API